Enjoy our top five list for strangest decorations on theme parks:
5. Kissing statue @ Loveland, Island of Jeju. South Korea. Love Land is more a sculpture garden than a theme park. The park greets visitors with remarkably acrobatic (and unmentionable) depictions of love-making, created by art students from Korea’s Hongik University. As you see in the photo visitors can interact with the phallic artwork by kissing the statue.
4. Green grass car @ Gardaland. Italy. This picture was taken during our visit to Gardaland, the lake park in Italy. The park has some strange and beautiful decorations but none surpassed this out-of-the-blueVolkswagen Beetle completely covered with grass. The only thing not green are the blue eyes staring at the visitor.
3. Man peeking from girl’s panties @ Loveland, Island of Jeju. South Korea. Another fantastic landmark of joy and bliss on Loveland in South Korea, honeymoon resort of Jetu. The small guy appears to have the ride of his lifetime inside the girl panties. Please note the pointy thing in the photo…
2. Lady with a pair of golden gooses @ Efteling, Netherlands. Remotely inspired by the fairy tale “The Golden Goose” (Die goldene Gans) by Grimm Brothers this sculpture portraits a country poor lady that encounters her fortune. This park is located on a forest and has several mythological inspired rides so this art form is very well integrated in the scenario. The snapshot has taken during our 2011 visit during Christmas time.
1. Ride a construction machine @ Diggerland, United Kingdom In these strange theme parks located in Kent, Devon, Durham and Yorkshire the roles are inverted: the scenario comes alive and you can ride it. In Diggerland children and adults have the chance to ride and drive full size construction machinery. On their website they advertise the park with this catchy phase “you’re never too far away from digging to your hearts content”. Typical British humor!!!.