- Potter mania will expand to sister park, the adjacent Universal Studios Florida with a whole new land, The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley. It is scheduled to open in 2014 on the site of the former Amity land that included the now-closed Jaws ride.
- As Potter fans know, the mythical, cobblestoned Diagon Alley is located in London and includes shops and other places of interest to established and budding wizards. Among its notable emporiums is Ollivanders Wand Shop. There is no word whether the existing IOA shop will close, and a new Ollivanders will take its rightful place in “London.”
- Having two interconnected themed lands spread between two parks is unprecedented — as well as wildly ambitious and audacious. Here’s where it gets especially audacious: The two lands will be literally connected via the Hogwarts Express, a train that will transport guests back and forth. It’s likely that the new land will include the King’s Cross Station and the mysterious platform 9¾, the secret gate at which Hogwarts students (and soon, presumably, park guests) board the train.
- Universal has confirmed that the featured attraction at the new land will be based on Gringotts Wizarding Bank. it is unconfirmed, but strongly rumored that the new ride will be some kind of an indoor coaster that will likely include a free fall track feature, an element that has been used in other rides, such as Verbolten at Busch Gardens Williamsburg. Universal knows about indoor coasters with its stellar Revenge of the Mummy.
- Universal says that a restaurant will be introduced as part of the new land. While no more specifics were outlined, it’s likely that the eatery will be the Leaky Cauldron, a popular pub and dining room that is situated at the entrance to Diagon Alley, according to Potter lore.
Full Story: About.com